Software to enable flexible, customizable, automated visual surface inspection leveraging high-precision ProMetric® imaging systems
The INSPECT™ R1 platform is a flexible set of software tools that enables the creation of a wide range of cosmetic visual inspection processes and custom solutions. Combined with Radiant Vision Systems ProMetric® high-resolution, low-noise imaging systems, INSPECT R1 software detects subtle, low-contrast defects on surfaces and devices. Manufacturers who need to meet expectations for high quality product appearance require precise and efficient visual inspection. With INSPECT R1 tools, images are analyzed to identify diverse features simultaneously, both predictable (e.g., logos and icons) and randomly occurring (e.g., surface defects) to ensure finish quality. Advanced logic within the INSPECT R1 platform allows users to apply specific defect tolerances for pass/fail determinations in production inspection.
- INSPECT™ R1 Software
- ProMetric® Y Series Imaging System: Y2, Y16, Y29, Y43
- Lens options with electronically controlled focus and aperture: 35, 50, 100, and 200 mm
- ProMetric® Y Series Imaging System
- Windows® 10, 64-bit
- 16-32 GB RAM
- Additional system requirements vary by camera.
||Scratches, Dings, and Dents
||Logos and Icons
Exceeding the Inspection Capabilities of Both Human Vision and Machine Vision
Human visual perception provides tolerances for acceptable levels of quality in a device's cosmetic appearance, but human inspectors are increasingly costly and subject to fatigue and inconsistency. Traditional machine vision systems can automate inspection tasks, but fall short on imaging sensitivity, thus these systems may miss subtle or low-contrast defects that have a critical impact on overall device quality. The INSPECT R1 platform leverages Radiant imaging systems that replicate the acuity of human perception while offering the advantages of automation and repeatability.
INSPECT R1 is a set of tools that enable users to apply the power of scientific-grade imaging systems to address uniquely challenging visual inspection tasks using in-house resources and with full control of the resulting intellectual property (IP). The INSPECT R1 workflow engine supports rapid prototyping that readily transitions to production line applications, such as integration into custom fixtures and manufacturing systems for fully automated quality control.
INSPECT R1 Software Tools and Features
A specialized software platform for automated machine vision solution development, INSPECT R1 provides a flexible framework with a powerful set of image pre-processing and analysis tools for custom visual inspection.
Image Pre-Processing Tools
- Feature Find Tool
- Alignment Tool
- Region Tool
- Filter Tool
- Edge Tool
Image Analysis Tools
- Histogram Tool
- Blob Tool
- Template Tool
- Two-way data communications function with factory automation subsystems. Protocols supported:
- Byte array / RS-232
- Byte array / UDP
- An Image Output tool allows compressed images to be stored, with or without graphic overlays.
- Supports creation of custom sequences of operations that can be stored and reused.
INSPECT enables easy and flexible set up of inspection routines to address a wide range of visual inspection applications including:
- Automated visual inspection of surfaces and finishes to detect dings, dents, scratches, finish non-uniformity, and other cosmetic defects
- Inspection of logos and icons on surfaces
- Product tracking, reporting, and manufacturing history for traceability and process control