INSPECT™ Software Toolkit for Advanced Machine Vision
Software platform that enables flexible and customizable automated surface inspection using high-precision ProMetric® imaging systems.
INSPECT is a flexible software platform that enables the creation of a wide range of visual inspection processes and custom solutions. Using images captured by ProMetric high-resolution imaging systems, INSPECT Software can be configured to detect subtle and low-contrast defects and areas of non-uniformity that can elude traditional machine vision systems. INSPECT addresses applications such as:
- Cosmetic surface inspection
- Logos and icons
- Fit and finish quality
Exceeding the Inspection Capabilities of Both Human Vision and Machine Vision
Human visual perception provides tolerances for acceptable levels of quality in a device's cosmetic appearance, but human inspectors are increasingly costly and subject to fatigue and inconsistency. Traditional machine vision systems can automate inspection tasks, but fall short on imaging sensitivity, thus these systems may miss subtle or low-contrast defects that have a critical impact on overall device quality. The INSPECT platform leverages Radiant imaging systems that replicate the acuity of human perception while offering the advantages of automation and repeatability.
INSPECT is a set of tools that enable users to apply the power of scientific-grade imaging systems to address uniquely challenging visual inspection tasks using in-house resources and with full control of the resulting intellectual property (IP). The INSPECT workflow engine supports rapid prototyping that readily transitions to production line applications, such as integration into custom fixtures and manufacturing systems for fully automated quality control.
INSPECT Software Tools and Features
A specialized software platform for automated machine vision solution development, INSPECT provides a flexible framework with a powerful set of image pre-processing and analysis tools for custom visual inspection.
- Align and Crop
- Define Region
- Find Edge
- Find Shape
- Local Threshold
- Region Complement
- Region Morphology
- Region Set Math
- Set Region
- Template Match
- Two-way data communications function with factory automation subsystems. Protocols supported:
- Byte array / RS-232
- Byte array / UDP
- An Image Output tool allows compressed images to be stored, with or without graphic overlays.
- Supports creation of custom sequences of operations that can be stored and reused.
- INSPECT™ Software
- ProMetric® Y Series Imaging System: Y2, Y16, Y29, Y43, Y45, Y61
- Lens options with electronically controlled focus and aperture: 35, 50, 100, and 200 mm
- ProMetric® Y-series Imaging System*
- Windows® 10, 64-bit
- Intel i7 Processor
- 16-32 GB RAM
- 500 GB Storage
- Additional system requirements vary by camera.
*Minimum one (1) INSPECT license required with purchase of each ProMetric camera.
INSPECT enables easy and flexible set up of inspection routines to address a wide range of visual inspection applications including:
- Automated visual inspection of surfaces and finishes to detect dings, dents, scratches, finish non-uniformity, and other cosmetic defects
- Inspection of logos and icons on surfaces
- Product tracking, reporting, and manufacturing history for traceability and process control
Scratches, Dings, and Dents
Logos and Icons
How can we help?
Please complete the following fields and we’ll follow up with you promptly.