Fast, small-format Photometers optimized for display test and cosmetic inspection in production environments.
ProMetric® Y is a series of high-performance imaging photometers designed for high-volume production testing of displays, smartphones, tablets, notebooks, keyboards, and lighting products.
ProMetric Y Family
The ProMetric Y delivers reliable test results and analysis to improve quality and control costs:
- Faster measurements deliver shorter cycle times
- Objective quantification is superior to subjective human inspection
- Faster, more accurate test analysis improves yield
The ProMetric® Y2 uses a scientific-grade 2-megapixel (1600 x 1200) CCD sensor that is thermoelectrically cooled to provide accurate, repeatable 12-bit measurements. The Y16 provides more resolution with a 16-megapixel (4896 x 3264) CCD sensor. The Y29 provides even higher resolution with a 29-megapixel (6576 x 4384) CCD sensor. The Y43 provides the highest resolution with a 43-megapixel (8040 x 5360) CCD sensor. Each ProMetric Y supports high-speed USB and Ethernet communications.
Display Testing: Used for precise measurement of qualities of light across a display, the ProMetric Y Imaging Photometer objectively quantifies spatial luminance, contrast, and uniformity values in addition to defects like mura, light leakage, dead pixels, lines, and particles.
With CCD resolution options up to 43 megapixels, the ProMetric Y is ideal for capturing measurements at the pixel and subpixel for light output characterization. In emissive displays like microLED, mini LED, and OLED, independently emitting pixels can vary from one to the next, causing non-uniformity in brightness or color that can worsen at different display bright states. Within a single measurement, the ProMetric Y measures an entire display in exact detail across thousands of emissive pixels, acquiring values for each pixel in the display.
Backlit Symbols: The ProMetric Y paired with TrueTest™ Software automatically applies analysis regions to unique symbols (whether alphanumeric or other shapes). Thresholds can be applied for target luminance values that allow discrete measurement of symbol sets. Evaluate symbol brightness, inter- and intra-character uniformity, and light leakage or reflections from symbols on adjacent surfaces.
Cosmetic Surface Defects: Applying photometric evaluation of subtle fluctuations of light, the ProMetric Y can be utilized for automated visual inspection of surfaces where reflections and contrast variations indicate defects. Using high resolution and dynamic range, the ProMetric Y can classify extremely subtle scratches, dents, missing or distorted elements, debris & particles, smudges, and overall surface uniformity, applying tolerances for acceptable defect type and severity.
Delivering Smart Technology™ innovations including:
- Smart Control™ for fast, precise setup: Smart Control allows you to electronically adjust both focus and aperture settings of your lens.
- Smart Calibration™ for automatic high-accuracy results: ProMetric cameras offer a variety of electronically controlled lenses, each calibrated over a wide range of working distances and aperture settings. ProMetric systems monitor focal distance and aperture settings and automatically applies the correct flat field calibration, greatly simplifying setup and ensuring accurate measurement results.
For highly accurate color and light measurements that match values perceived by the human eye, Radiant cameras and lenses are calibrated to obtain absolute data in any environment. Factory calibration procedures are performed on each Radiant camera to enable traceability to national standards such as NRL, ETL, PTB, and NIST. (Is traceability of your measurement system a critical part of your application? Contact Radiant for additional options and support.)
Each Radiant camera and lens pair can also be calibrated for unique applications, in the factory or in the field, ensuring consistency regardless of variation in:
- Focal Distance: Flat-field calibration; Image scaling
- Device Spectral Power Distribution (SPD): Luminance calibration; Color calibrations, such as one-color calibration, four-color calibration (depending on RGB or single-color emitters); LED and white phosphor LED calibration
- Lensing effects: Distortion calibration (if applicable)
Before distortion calibration
After distortion calibration
Key Features and Highlights:
- High Speed: Minimum measurement time (photopic) to 0.3 seconds
- High resolution, to 43 megapixels
- IR measurements, using the IR-PMY2, IR-PMY16, and IR-PMY29, and IR-PMY43 Radiometer models
- Multiple lens options: 20 mm, 35 mm, 50 mm, 100 mm macro, and 200 mm
- ProMetric control and analysis software is standard. TrueTest™ Automated Visual Inspection Software and other software modules optional.
ProMetric software includes API support, and provides complete measurement control and Point-of-Interest/Region-of-Interest functionality. In addition, the ProMetric Y imaging photometers are backed by the industry's best product warranty, including direct access to the Radiant Vision Systems technical support team to maximize the utility of your application. For automated testing, ProMetric Y is optimized to work with the industry-leading TrueTest Software—and specialized software modules—for high-volume manufacturing of displays, smartphones, notebooks and more.
Awards and Recognition:
The Radiant ProMetric Y Imaging Photometer has been honored with an award for innovation: